The Beginning of a new Chapter in Global Entrepreneurship – TiE Amaravati
Global Entrepreneurship saw the dawn of a new chapter in the history of TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs), TiE Amaravati and Angels Network that has been launched on 17th January, 2018 – an event organized at Fortune Murali Park, Vijayawada. The event happened in the presence of Sri Nara Lokesh, Honorable Minister for IT & PR of Andhra Pradesh. The event is also graced by dignitaries like Mr. Harish Mamtani, Board of Trustees – TiE Global, Mr. Srini Raju, Mr. J A Chowdary and Dr. Ramesh Byrapaneni, past presidents of TiE Hyderabad, Mr.Kali Prasad, current president of TiE Hyderabad and Mr. Sasi Sunkara, Partner at McKinsey & Co.
The TiE Amaravati event witnessed a house full audience with guest list comprising of about 200 luminaries including several Entrepreneurs, Heads of educational institutions like IIT, Officials of Government Departments, Ecosystem partners like NASSCOM, Incubators, Chartered Accountants and Lawyers. Also representatives like PwC corporate house, Investors like Parampara Capital and Anthill Ventures. There are about 35 Charter Members from TiE Amaravati and TiE Hyderabad who took part in the two hour long event with the theme “Making Ideas Happen”.
The eventful day commenced with setting up the context for TiE Amaravati and Angels Network launched by Mr. Sateesh Andra and Mr.Suresh Chitturi who are the Board Members for TiE Amaravati. The proceedings of the event have been widely covered by various local and national media houses. Outlined below are some high-points of the TiE Amaravati launch event.
Highlights of the TiE event~
- According to the organizers, as per the 2017 edition of the NASSCOM-Zinnov report, India ranks third among the global start-up ecosystems with more than 5,000 start-ups having over 1,000 new additions in 2017. One of the key developments in India’s start-up market over the past decade has been the development of large, robust Angel Investor ecosystems.
- The TiE, along with its Angels Network, has pledged its commitment to lend support to the Andhra Pradesh Innovation Society (APIS) to accelerate its vision of creating a world-class technology startup ecosystem by fostering entrepreneurship. The Amaravati chapter is expected to boost the growth of startup ecosystem in the state. A network of mentors and investors are expected to give help to startups.
- TiE Amaravati is not entirely about IT as Agriculture, Women Entrepreneurship, and Manufacturing are the three new areas being addressed at the event and also the launch of Andhra angels is another significant dream come true along with Tie Amaravati which is the brainchild of the visionary Chief Minister of AP.
- Food Industry is another multi-trillion dollar industry coming up in AP which is well known to be the rice-bowl of India.
- The IT minister of Andhra Pradesh, Sri Nara Lokesh has emphasized on a keynote in his speech saying, “Entrepreneurship is a way forward and there should be an entrepreneur from every family in the state both tech and non-tech area to build a strong entrepreneurship ecosystem.”
What is highly anticipated from TiE Amaravati event is to make AP a global startup hub which is a mix of local innovating talent and global startup companies.
About the TiE
The TiE is a non-profit organisation founded in 1992 in the Silicon Valley, California. It currently boasts of over 13,000 members, 3000 chartered members in 60 odd chapters across 18 countries including about 20 chapters from all over India. Its mission is to foster entrepreneurship globally through mentoring, networking, education, incubating and funding. Since its birth, TiE’s economic wealth creation is estimated at 200 US billion dollars. It has influenced liberalisation of key economic sectors across the globe.